Leap is currently seeking a Probate and Estate Administration Legal Research Specialist with experience in Florida to join their office.
About the Company
LEAP leads the world in the development and sale of cloud based legal practice management software for small law firms on a Software as a Service (SaaS) model. They employ more than 400 people globally, have offices in the USA, Australia, Canada and the UK with more than 12,000 law firms using their software worldwide. Their US-based operation was launched in 2016 and has grown significantly.
About the Opportunity
At LEAP, Legal Research Specialists investigate how to tailor their software to meet the needs of users in their individual jurisdictions.
In this role, the Legal Research Specialist will be drawing on their experience to research Probate and Estate Administration law in a variety of different states, before reporting back on what their software must include to support our clientele of practicing attorneys. They will also visit users to bolster their research, and work closely with Content team and developers to bring their recommendations to reality.
The successful candidate will also contribute to the growing library of over 11,000 automated forms. The Legal Research Specialist will be responsible for populating these forms with information that pulls automatically from client files, allowing users to automate and produce legal documentation efficiently and accurately.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Researching Probate and Estate Administration laws and processes in all states
- Producing written reports summarizing Probate and Estate Administration attorney’s legal software needs
- Reviewing existing legal content in LEAP for user friendliness and compliance
- Identifying product gaps and opportunities to improve user productivity
- Locating, drafting, and automating Probate and Estate Administration forms
- Liaising with users to gather feedback
- A passion for legal research, together with experience using different research methods to find answers
- Experience practicing Probate and Estate Administration law in Florida is a must
- Driven to provide a client-centered experience
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Intermediate+)
- Experience identifying and executing efficiency improvements
- A high level of attention to detail, and adherence to established quality standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Juris Doctor degree
- Demonstrable ability to learn Probate law in new jurisdictions
- Experience using document automation in Microsoft Word or other software
- Experience using legal productivity software
$85,000-95,000 per year
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans Available
- 401k with Company Matching Program
- Employee Assistance Plans
- Unlimited PTO
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post.
Jersey City, NJ