Government Accountability Project is inviting applications for Senior Litigation Attorney at Washington D.C., United States of America.
About Government Accountability Announcement
The Government Accountability Project is the world’s leading international whistleblower protection and
advocacy organization. The organization was created in 1977 at the Institute for Policy Studies (IPS) in
response to several whistleblowers, such as Daniel Ellsberg, who came to IPS about White House, FBI and
Since that time, Government Accountability Project, a 501(c)(3) non-profit, has served
as a lifeline to employees of conscience and has helped them release critical information that serves the
public interest and the common good.
About the opportunity
The Senior Litigation Attorney will directly assist the Litigation Director and the Public Health
Director/Food Integrity Campaign Director in litigating FIC and other Public Health & Safety cases and
legal matters. They will report directly to the Litigation Director, General Counsel, and Public Health
Their duties will include but not be limited to: serving as a client liaison; developing the record
for whistleblower retaliation complaints in this docket; conducting legal research; developing legal briefs
for legislative advocacy, media queries, and other Public Health & Safety /Food Integrity Campaign work
product; facilitating relevant advocacy campaigns and coalition work.
- Work with and advise Public Health Director/Food Integrity Campaign whistleblowers regarding
their disclosures and job retention strategies.
- Serve as client liaison and meet with potential clients.
- Serve as ambassador to other organizations with litigation departments and law firms that litigate
in the area of public health and food integrity.
- Conduct docket-related legal research and investigations, draft and organize discovery
documents, and draft affidavits.
- Prepare for and take witness depositions under the supervision of the Litigation Director and the
Public Health Director.
- Other related staff attorney job duties as needed.
- Juris Doctor degree with a minimum of five years of trial experience. Experience on issues related
to the Food Integrity Campaign preferred but not required.
- Active member in good standing of the bar of a state or territory of the United States or the
District of Columbia.
- Eligible to obtain a license to practice law in the District of Columbia within 360 days of accepting
- Experience generating quality work product and assignments in accordance with administrative
procedural rules, federal and state court rules of procedure, and accepted legal practices.
- The successful applicant will possess the experience necessary to work with substantial
independent judgment and discretion in furtherance of the objectives defined by the Litigation
Director, General Counsel, and Public Health Director.
- Oversee contractors as assigned by the Litigation Director or General Counsel.
- Exceptional writing and communications skills.
- Ability to synthesize complex information, coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, work
both autonomously and in teams, and hit tight deadlines.
- A team player and excellent interpersonal skills.
- A passion for the missions of the Food Integrity Campaign and Government Accountability
$80,000 – $90,000 annual salary. Government Accountability Project also offers a generous benefits
Interested candidates are required to submit a cover letter and resume to Michael Termini with the subject line “Senior Litigation Attorney” to email@example.com.