Drexel University Thomas R. Kline School of Law is inviting applications for the post of Program Manager, Undergrad Law Program with flexible working environment.
About Drexel University
Drexel University Thomas R. Kline School of Law offers a curriculum and programs built upon the principle that students learn best when hands-on experience is part of their education. Philadelphia, which boasts one of America’s largest legal communities and a host of cultural attractions, has a lot to offer law students and young lawyers. The Kline School of Law is one of just two law schools in the nation offering co-op education—an approach that employers recognize produces outstanding, practice-ready lawyers.
About the opportunity
Drexel University’s Thomas R. Kline School of Law seeks a Program Manager to provide a mix of administrative and advising to support Kline’s new Undergraduate Law major: one of only a handful of such programs in the U.S. This position reports directly to the Associate Dean for Undergraduate Education. While an interest in law and legal careers is helpful, no prior knowledge is required. More importantly, we seek a creative thinker who enjoys a varied set of responsibilities and can work well independently or with others, including undergraduates, to support student success and ensure the Program functions efficiently.
- Develop and execute marketing and communication strategies, including website, email, and social media platforms for internal and external audiences, in conjunction with Kline Law and University staff as appropriate.
- Meet regularly with student-staffed committees to turn student ideas into actionable plans and ensure the program is meeting students’ curricular, academic, and professional needs/goals.
- Collaborate with faculty, staff, and students to plan activities that engage students and enrich their undergraduate experience.
- Work with faculty and staff to develop experiential learning opportunities for students with for- and non-profit community partners.
- Represent the program at meetings and on university committees as needed; • Coordinate with University staff to plan graduation.
- Communicate with Law School staff to manage the program budget and reporting, day-to-day oversight, purchasing, etc.
- Maintain program records and prepare reports based on university data.
- Provide assistance with undergraduate admissions, recruiting, and orientation as needed.
- Assist with day-to-day and public-facing operations for the Undergraduate program
- Advise students on degree requirements for major and minor, course selection, and track progress toward completion, often in consultation with other academic units.
- Provide referrals for students to appropriate campus resources (e.g., tutoring, counseling, disability services, study abroad).
- Facilitate UNIV 101, a 1 hour/weekly course in Fall term to welcome and orient approx. 30 first-year students to University procedures and campus life.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- A minimum of 1 year Experience
- Proficiency with technologies including Office 365 (including SharePoint).
- Experience with higher education advising and reporting software systems (such as Banner and Hyperion) preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including a great sense of humor.
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting students from diverse backgrounds with varied career goals.
This position is classified as Exempt with a grade of J, $47,490 – $65,280. The offered salary is dependent upon internal equity and the successful candidate’s competencies, education, and experience.
Hybrid/Flexible Work Arrangement – Philadelphia, PA.