SeniorLAW Center seeks experienced candidates to join its team of public interest attorneys and advocates as a Tenant Rights Legal Advocate.
About the Organization
Senior Law Center is a legal services providing firm seeking justice for older people by using the power of the law, educating the community and advocating across the nation.
About the Position
Senior Law Center seeks a full-time (40 hours/week) legal advocate with at least two (2) years of experience as a Tenant Rights Advocate.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Under guidance and supervision of the Project Director, provide advocacy
and referrals to SeniorLAW Center clients, with the primary focus on
tenants facing housing instability and homelessness
- Review eviction notices, complaints, and other legal forms with clients at
intake, counsel clients regarding housing or emergency shelter and other
- Assist clients with housing search, administrative hearings, provide support to attorneys at court as assigned, assist in preparing case files for trial
- Help conduct intake and review documentation for the SeniorLAW Center staff attorney covering the Lawyer of the Day program at court Outreach/ Community Relations
- Participate in staff and team meetings, organizational events and other initiatives
- Assist with reporting, data collection and funding proposals
- Represent SeniorLAW Center at committee and coalition meetings, community events and other occurrences as needed
- B.A. or B.S. OR PARALEGAL CERTIFICATE
- At least two (2) years of experience as a housing counselor, clinical social worker or paralegal
- Excellent writing, organizational, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Interest and ability to work with older people and persons of different backgrounds
How to Apply?
All applications should include cover letter, resume and at least three (3) professional references, as well as salary range requirements. Please send by email to attention of Dana N. Goldberg, Esq., Legal Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.