NextEra Energy Services is currently seeking a Tax Attorney to become a member of their Tax Planning team.
About the Company
NextEra Energy Resources is the world’s largest generator of renewable energy from the wind and sun, and a world leader in battery storage. Their in-house tax department is a fast-paced, dynamic, and collaborative environment.
About the Opportunity
The successful candidate will have a background supporting M&A transactions from a tax perspective and will be comfortable modeling the tax treatment of transactions.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Working with the rules in Subchapter K, Subchapter C, and the consolidated return regulations;
- Structuring and documenting complex M&A and venture capital transactions;
- Preparing tax memoranda and opinions; (iv) reviewing transaction documents and drafting tax provisions contained therein;
- Developing, reviewing and commenting on the tax aspects of financial models;
- Supporting various tax M&A projects/ workstreams.
- Drive value by providing tax support (e.g., due diligence, structuring, and modelling) to deal teams and business units throughout the organization with respect to pending acquisitions, dispositions, financings, reorganizations, restructurings, venture capital fund investments, and joint ventures, with the goal of optimizing tax treatment.
- Serve as the U.S. federal income tax single point of contact and accountability and be able to identify state income tax and non-income tax issues to be addressed by applicable SME.
- Support various worldwide tax projects, including analyzing relevant tax law for tax planning transactions, working with foreign and U.S. tax advisors to understand relevant tax rules, partnering with multiple business units to understand both U.S. and foreign tax implications, and preparing and/or reviewing financial models to illustrate the tax consequences of various alternatives.
- Clearly communicate complex technical tax issues to management and internal stakeholders, including the broader finance business unit.
- Draft and review tax provisions in deal documents.
- Prepare technical tax memoranda.
- Analyze and understand relevant tax laws for tax planning transactions
- Consult tax advisors to understand relevant tax rules and counsel business units and deal teams to understand tax implications
- Prepare or review financial models to illustrate the tax consequences of various alternatives
- Serve as the US federal income tax single point of accountability and identify tax issues to be addressed by applicable subject matter expert
- Draft and review tax provisions in deal documents
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Strong transactional tax background (focused on acquisitions, dispositions, financings, reorganizations, restructurings, venture capital fund investments, and joint ventures)
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, including the ability to coordinate effectively with various subject matter specialists and proactively support the business.
- 1+ years of experience preferred working on M&A tax issues at an AmLaw 100 law firm or in the M&A group of a “Big 4” public accounting firm.
- Bachelor’s Degree Juris Doctorate
- 1+ years Member in Good Standing of State Bar
- LLM – Master of Laws (Preferred)
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post.
Juno Beach, Florida, United States