Two Sigma, New York is inviting law students’ applications for a summer legal internship.
About Two Sigma
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, that combines data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
About Summer Legal Internship Opportunity
Two Sigma, New York is inviting applications for a legal internship from law students.
Role and Responsibilities
- Participating in new business projects and initiatives, such as the launch of new financial/investment products and legal and corporate entities; updating, monitoring, and revising the firm’s offering materials and regulatory filings;
- Assisting with special research projects;
- Maintaining research/regulatory libraries of the firm;
- Assisting with ongoing regulatory compliance matters;
- Keeping abreast and informing others of industry changes, relevant news articles, and legal/regulatory updates; and
- Reviewing and maintaining the firm’s various contracts and other service provider agreements.
Eligibility of Summer Legal Internship
- Ideal candidates will be currently enrolled in your school’s Class of 2024 with a record of exceptional academic achievement and active involvement in law school activities (e.g., law review, other journal experience, moot court).
- Candidates should be bright, well-rounded self-starters with an entrepreneurial and hard-working spirit who naturally want to take the extra step.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail are essential.
- Success in Contracts and Legal Writing courses is a plus.
- Familiarity with private funds and/or investment advisers is a plus.
How to Apply?
Please find the link at the end of this post.