Humana is inviting applications from eligible candidates for its summer legal internship in Louisville, Kentucky.
Humana is a cultural foundation aligned with helping members achieve their best health by delivering personalized, simplified, whole-person healthcare experiences. It always recognizes healthcare needs continue to evolve for each person, for each family, and for each community. It continuously creates innovative solutions and resources that help people live their healthiest lives on their terms when and where they need them.
About the Internship
Humana is inviting applications from eligible candidates for its summer legal internship in Louisville, Kentucky to perform varied activities and moderately complex administrative/operational/customer support assignments. The internship will comprise working on semi-routine assignments.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The intern will be assigned to work in Humana’s legal department, where they will be introduced to the healthcare industry and its associated legal and regulatory issues and risks through an immersive experience supporting the Company as a contributor in the legal department.
- They will perform a variety of tasks, including legal research, memo writing, attending internal and external meetings, and learning what the law department does on a day-to-day basis.
- As an intern on the legal team, they will help support various business and compliance teams including Clinical Operations, Privacy, Litigation and Investigations, Retail, Mergers and Acquisitions, and the Corporate Secretary.
- They will work on relevant issues for Humana’s business while building their know-how and relationships.
- Applicant must attend an ABA-accredited law school as a first-year law student.
- Applicant must have a record of academic and/or professional achievement.
- Applicant must display leadership qualities through past work experience, community involvement, and/or student activities.
- Be actively involved on campus and/or in the community.
- Possess an interest in working in the healthcare industry.
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversifying the legal profession.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post.