General Atomics is inviting applications from eligible candidates for its summer legal internship in San Diego, California.
About General Atomics
General Atomics (GA) and its affiliated companies are one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless, and laser technologies.
About the Internship
General Atomics has an exciting opportunity for an Undergraduate Intern to work within their Legal Department at the facility in La Jolla/Torrey Pines during the Summer of 2023. The right individual will be a hardworking, detail-oriented, flexible, and competitive person who routinely performs above expectations and has plans to attend a top law school 1-2 years after graduation.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Participate in supervised practical training and provide support activity to the Law Department.
- Maintain files for corporate litigation and other legal documents, which includes indexing, maintaining a central repository, maintaining logging systems, and transporting documentation between legal and business departments.
- Assist attorneys in closing files for all legal matters managed by the Law Department.
- Perform other administrative tasks such as filing, copying, and answering phones for scheduling.
- Corresponds with outside counsel and other departments regarding various legal matters for attorneys.
- Utilize interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interface with all levels of employees as well as internal and external contacts.
- Utilize MS Office Suite and other applications.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Enrollment as an undergraduate or graduate student at a recognized college or university.
- An undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.6 or above or an LSAT score of 165 or above is strongly preferred.
The candidate must possess:
- The ability to maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- The ability to understand new concepts and apply them accurately.
- The ability to follow general and detailed instructions as well as organizational policies and procedures.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to enable an effective interface with internal professionals.
- The ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Basic computer skills.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post.
San Diego, California.