Valero is on the search for energetic and motivated law students to join the Valero Intern Program at their Texas Office.
About the Organization
Founded in 1980 and named for the mission San Antonio de Valero – the original name of the Alamo – Valero Energy Corporation has continued to grow and evolve to become one of the largest global independent petroleum refiner and a leading producer of renewable fuels in North America.
About the Internship
Valero is on the search for energetic and motivated law students to join the Valero Intern Program at their San Antonio, Texas Office.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist the Legal department in the preparation and drafting of legal documents such as motions, briefs, complaints or pleadings for review, approval, and use by counsel.
- Assist the Legal department in the preparation, review and drafting of various contracts, legal correspondence and other legal documentation.
- Research applicable areas of law and legal precedents in connection with company representation, including Westlaw, Lexis, government websites and the internet and draft legal research memorandum regarding same.
- Draft and research legal comments on various statutory rulemakings.
- Analyze legal cases and court opinions and draft legal research memorandum regarding same.
- Locate documents within the company in response to document requests and subpoenas, and review and organize such documents for applicability and responsiveness.
- Currently pursuing a Juris Doctorate from an accredited Law School required.
- Completed at least one semester of Law School by May 2023 required.
- Overall GPA of 3.0 (or higher) on a 4.0 scale preferred.
- Able to work in person 40 hours per week during the summer.
San Antonio, Texas
How to Apply?
Click on the link below the post to apply. Please include the following in your resume:
Overall GPA and Major – Expected Graduation Date.