W. L. Gore & Associates, Newark is offering remote or hybrid legal summer internship opportunities.
About the Organization
W. L. Gore & Associates is a global materials science company dedicated to transforming industries and improving lives.
About the Position
W. L. Gore & Associates is offering remote or hybrid summer paid internship opportunities for U.S. based first or second year law students interested in experiencing what it’s like to be an in-house attorney.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Researching legal questions, reviewing and summarizing legal documents, communicating with the assigning lawyer about findings and questions, writing and orally presenting findings, attending meetings and discussions to understand background of legal questions.
- Precise project assignments and responsibilities will depend on the business and legal priorities that arise during the course of the summer. Past interns have worked on a plethora of legal topics facing today’s businesses including questions involving intellectual property law (patents and trademarks), employment and labor law, contract and transactional law, products liability law, litigation, regulatory law (e.g., antitrust, life sciences, export law) and corporate and subsidiary law.
- Enrollment in an accredited U.S. law school and completion of at least the first year prior to the start of the internship
- Ability to commit to a (minimum) 10 week summer internship
- Enthusiasm for digging into legal questions and successfully applying legal concepts to business challenges
- Demonstrated research and writing skills
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity and initiative that leads to deeper understanding
- Demonstrated ability to inclusively collaborate with others and communicate effectively
- Demonstrated ability to work independently (including in a remote environment) using good judgment to address ambiguity and challenges
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and drive projects to completion
- Must upload the following documents at the time of application, in addition to the resume:
- Law School Transcript (unofficial is fine)
- Cover letter
- Be passionate about providing legal support for a world-class technology company and product manufacturer
- Be energized by collaborating with lawyers and business people to help solve interesting and diverse legal problems
- Place great value and effort on building and maintaining strong interpersonal relationships
How to Apply?
Click on the link below the post to apply.