U.S. Bank’s Law Division is inviting applications for a 2023 Summer Legal Internship from JD students in the US at their Atlanta office.
About US Bank
U.S. Bancorp is an American bank holding company based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and incorporated in Delaware. It is the parent company of the U.S. Bank National Association and is the fifth largest banking institution in the United States.
About Summer 2023 Legal Internship Opportunity
U.S. Bank’s Law Division is offering a unique opportunity for two law students to get practical experience in an in-house legal department of a major financial services company in the summer of 2023. The positions will be in the Payment Services legal team within U.S. Bank’s Law Division and will be based in our Atlanta office.
Role and Responsibilities
- Explore the daily activities of an in-house legal attorney at a major financial institution
- Get hands-on experience resolving legal questions impacting business decisions
- Interact with senior executives in the U.S. and Europe on business issues with potential legal implications
- Get paired with a formal mentor and connect with internal U.S. Bank attorneys supporting a variety of business and legal practice areas
- Participate in social and professional development activities
- Collaborate with other attorneys and business lines with diverse professional and personal backgrounds
- Work with legal teams that take an active role in supporting communities where the Bank has operations and other business
- Develop business acumen
- Assist with developing and updating legal and policy documents
- Prepare legal guidance for internal clients
- Monitor and advise on legal, regulatory, and policy developments affecting the Bank
- Draft memos and other documents relevant to regulatory change considerations
- Assist with legal research in a variety of legal areas impacting financial services
Eligibility for Summer 2023 Legal Internship
- Completion of the 2L year prior to the start of the 2023 Summer Legal Program
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think and work independently
- Open to receive dynamic on-the-job training
- Interest in an in-house legal career after law school, especially in technology, banking, or payments law
- Pursuing a Juris Doctorate, minimum 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) or B average
How to Apply?
Please find the link at the end of this post.
Number of positions