Senior Law Center, Pennsylvania is looking to hire an Elder Victim Staff Attorney.
About the Organization
Senior Law Center is a legal services providing firm seeking justice for older people by using the power of the law, educating the community and advocating across the nation.
About the Position
SeniorLAW Center seeks experienced candidates to join its team of public interest attorneys and advocates. They are seeking a full-time legal advocate with relevant experience in a legal services program or law office.
Roles and Responsibilities
Interview seniors via intake line or in person (at office, clinics or courts) to
assess issues and determine eligibility for program services.
Review Legal Health Checklist with victims at intake.
Provide information and referrals to elders, linking them to other resources and
support services, including emergency financial assistance, support groups health
services and other resources.
Provide safety advice and assessment to elder victims.
Assist Elder Victim Staff Attorney in preparing to provide legal assistance and
Assist elder victims with preparation of and submission of Victim Compensation
Complete required paperwork/case management software records on all cases
- Bachelor’s Degree or Paralegal Certificate
- Full-time legal advocate with relevant experience in a legal services program or law office
- Victim service experience and/or training a plus
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, good writing and research skills.
- Interest in and ability to work with victims, older people, sensitivity to older people of diverse backgrounds.
- Fluency in other languages welcomed
Chester County, Pennsylvania
How to Apply?
All applications should include cover letter, resume and at least three (3) professional references, as well
as salary range requirements. Please send by email to attention of Dana N. Goldberg, Esq., Legal Director, at email@example.com.