Wilson Elser’s Birmingham office is currently seeking to hire a Senior Transportation Litigation Associate Attorney.
About Wilson Elser
Founded in 1978, Wilson Elser is a full-service and leading defense litigation law firm with more than 1,000 attorneys, across 42 offices in the United States and one in London.
About the Opportunity
Wilson Elser’s Birmingham office is currently seeking to hire a Senior Transportation Litigation Associate Attorney to work as part of a national services team for a leading international logistics and transportation client in all aspects of its logistics, transportation and general liability litigation and related legal counseling work.
This is an excellent opportunity for lawyers with litigation experience who are looking to continue to grow in their careers and be a part of a client services team that is engaged in work for a dynamic client at the forefront of the logistics and transportation industry.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Independently manage a litigation caseload, working cases from beginning to end
- Work closely with other attorneys and partners on legal projects
- Regularly handle brief writing, court appearances, written discovery, motion practice, and depositions
- Communicate with clients and provide status reports
- JD from an ABA accredited law school
- Admitted to practice in Alabama
- 10+ years of defense litigation experience
- Transportation and logistics, trucking, and related regulatory experience required
- Superior research and analytical skills and ability to navigate novel legal issues
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Deposition of experts and motion experience
- Legal project management experience is helpful
- Ability to work within a fast-paced team environment
The salary range for this position is $160,000+.
Perks and Benefits
- Excellent Benefits including a 401k match
- Professional development programs including in-house CLE and National Attorney Training
- Unlimited PTO plan
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Corporate Discount Plans
- Competitive compensation package
How to Apply?
Candidates can apply online by sending their credentialsto AttorneyRecruiting@wilsonelser.com and putting “Birmingham Senior Transportation Litigation Associate” in the subject line.