About the organisation and the job:
An exciting role for experienced privacy professional to be a part of a global team focusing on privacy compliance across the Thomson Reuters businesses.
With a global reach across over multiple countries and business lines, this is a diverse and challenging role which offers the opportunity to work with colleagues across the organization and implement Thomson Reuters’ privacy governance model.
The role involves implementing and maturing the Thomson Reuters Privacy Program across business lines to support and facilitate privacy compliance with internal policies and personal data related laws and regulations in the region, to provide expert advice and guidance to the various areas and functions on the on-going implementation of data privacy policies and procedures, and to oversee compliance.
Position Title: Senior Privacy Officer
Business Unit: Enabling Functions- General Counsel
Working as part of the Global Privacy Office with colleagues within the Legal function and across the businesses, including engaging with external counsel, consultants, industry bodies and other experts.
Essential Skills/Experience Required:
- Excellent working knowledge of data protection laws and of privacy laws globally, and have an interest in new technologies and evolving areas as artificial intelligence
- The ability to work in a complex and developing environment with multiple priorities
- A skilled and experienced negotiator
- Experience working autonomously, making sound judgments and providing appropriate recommendations
- Adaptability and ability to devise pragmatic solutions
- Multi-jurisdictional experience, with sound knowledge of the privacy regimes in the region.
- Clear and concise communication skills, both written and oral.
Desired Skills/Experience Required:
- 5+ years’ experience in privacy and data protection compliance.
- Privacy and data protection related qualifications desired.
- A team player, with the ability to work collaboratively and with limited supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and efficient time management
- The ability to navigate a complex matrix organization and to communicate effectively and influence decision makers
- Law degree required
- IAPP certifications preferred
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America
Carrollton-Texas-United States of America