Shell Inc. USA is looking for a Senior Legal Counsel- IP for its Houston office.
About the Organization
Shell USA, Inc. is the United States-based wholly owned subsidiary of Shell plc, a UK-based transnational corporation “oil major” which is amongst the largest oil companies in the world. It has over 18000 employees in USA and has its headquarter at Houston, Texas.
About the Position
This position will be an integral part of the Catalysts & Technology Agreements team) in Legal Services Projects & Technology. The Senior Legal Counsel IP will provide commercially focused IP legal support to Shell businesses globally in support of high value, risk, and complex matters in relation to technology- agreements.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Independently drafting and negotiating IP agreements, providing IP advice, support IP claims and regulatory and compliance matters
• Providing strategic IP advice, drafting, and negotiating with internal and external parties regionally and globally technology-related agreements, including technology licensing, collaborations, and IP assignments, across Shell businesses
• Acting as the IP lead for A&D and joint venture projects including strategic IP advice, performing IP due diligence, and drafting and negotiating IP clauses
• Ensuring communication of IP-related legal developments to the business and functions
• Ensuring legal considerations and impact of decisions, including mitigation of legal risks are identified
• Engaging and collaborating with Shell lawyers globally across the departments
• Creating a positive, proactive culture encouraging high performance and collaboration
• Leading by example by behaving in accordance with the Shell Core Values in everyday activities
• Commitment to and focus on continuous improvement and simplification
• Accountable for protecting Shell’s rights and reputation
• Minimum 10 – 15 (ten to fifteen) years of experience in any work-related field
• Law degree and professional legal qualification in the US is required
• Admission or the ability to be admitted to the Texas State Bar
• Registration practice before the USPTO
• Extensive experience in IP law and specifically with IP agreements
• Ability to perform legal activities that include: (i) IP advice with respect to proposed commercial strategies; (ii) advising on legal rights and obligations under existing contractual arrangements; (iii) the negotiation and drafting of complex contracts; and (iv) resolution of legal and business problems encountered in the promotion of business interests and the protection of its assets and reputation
• Demonstrated ability to be a legal integrator and independently lead the legal drafting and negotiation of a technology agreement and the ability to lead a project to completion
• Possess and have demonstrated good influencing, negotiating and facilitation skills
• Ability to work both individually and as part of a team, with both internal and external stakeholders with diverse cultural backgrounds, including mentoring, coaching and skill building in others
• Demonstrated ability to engage effectively and influence stakeholders
How to Apply?
Click on the link below the post to apply.