JC Penney is expanding its legal team and inviting applications for a Senior Legal Analyst job for their Texas office.
About JC Penney
Penney OpCo LLC, doing business as JCPenney and often abbreviated JCP, is a midscale American department store chain operating 669 stores across 49 U.S. states and Puerto Rico.
About Senior Legal Analyst Job Opportunity
The Senior Legal Analyst works under the supervision of an attorney, performs all legal assistance and/or paralegal functions related to litigation, and handles certain responsibilities in which the analyst exercises discretion and independent non-legal judgment concerning matters of significance related to litigation.
Role and Responsibilities
- Gathers documents and other factual information relative to legal issues from various Company departments, providing general assistance to attorneys.
- Drafts settlements, legal hold notices, discovery responses, responses to subpoena requests, and other legal documents.
- Prepares court and other administrative agency filings, tracks status and follows through on assigned matters or projects, reviews documents for production for attorney-client privilege, and gathers information and documents in response to discovery and/or subpoenas.
- Handles general inquiries relating to matter status and/or acts in a liaison relationship within the organization to facilitate efficient workflow in legal matters or projects, and may undertake basic legal work and prepare reports.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of all aspects of the legal department’s work and its context in the organization as a whole.
- Manages subpoenas and cases filed in small claims courts.
- Serves as a legal point-of-contact with Customer Care team and store associates.
- Responsible for preparing, issuing and tracking legal holds and preparing regular reports of asserted claims for management’s review.
Eligibility for Senior Legal Analyst job
- College degree or comparable paralegal experience and/or paralegal certificate from ABA accredited paralegal program is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience in a comparable law department environment or law firm with similar legal practice areas, including substantive litigation experience.
- Proficiency in legal research, legal writing, effective communication, multi-tasking and summary reporting; knowledge of litigation; attention to detail; resourcefulness; use of collaborative solutions in handling issues or tasks; and versatility in dealing with legal staff and handling assignments.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook required; experience with iManage and Exterro preferred.
How to Apply?
Please find the link at the end of this post.