Solvay’s Houston office is seeking eligible candidates for the position of Senior Counsel.
Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. Its purpose is to bond people, ideas, and elements to reinvent progress and is a call to go beyond, reinvent future forms of progress, and create sustainable shared value for all through the power of science.
About the Internship
Solvay is inviting applications from eligible candidates for the position of Senior Counsel for their Houston, Texas office. The candidate will provide legal support and counsel the key stakeholders of ECo in NA while managing risks and ensuring compliance.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Be a trusted business partner that enables the businesses to meet their costs and growth targets.
- Managing risks and ensuring compliance in a competitive environment.
- Provide legal support to the key stakeholders of ECo in NA while managing risks and ensuring compliance.
- Law degree (JD) at a well-respected, accredited US university.
- Deep knowledge and experience in US Law
- Fluent in English.
- 10 years or more post graduate experience overall as Legal Counsel in an international working environment in the US in the chemical industry.
- Have strong transactional experience in handling NA issues.
- Solid track record of corporate/commercial projects experience in the US.
- In-depth knowledge of US laws, including but not limited to company law, contract law, civil law, labor law, US civil litigation procedural law.
- Ability to balance legal requirements with business objective and to render practical and creative legal solutions to help business growth.
- High degree of independence, initiative, decisiveness and result orientation
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Team player
The expected salary for this role is $129,744 to $162,180 per year.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- 16, or more, weeks of maternity/paternity and co-parenting leave, according to local regulations.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post.