Edward Jones, USA is hiring and inviting applications for a Remote Legal Analytics Leader job position.
About Edward Jones
Edward D. Jones & Co., L.P., simplified as Edward Jones, is a financial services firm headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, United States. It serves investment clients in the U.S. and Canada, through its branch network of more than 15,000 locations and 19,000 financial advisors.
About Remote Legal Analytics Leader Job Opportunity
The Legal Division at Edward Jones is looking to add a Legal Analytics Director to its newly established Legal Forensics team, designed to enhance analytic capabilities and data-driven insights within the Division. The Legal Analytics Director will play an integral role in developing and maturing the data and analytic acumen of attorneys and legal professionals in the Division.
Role and Responsibilities
- Effectively leading the creation and communication of tailored messages to influence senior leaders regarding analytic ideas, approaches, key takeaways, and actionable insights
- Leading collaboration with the firm’s data and analytics product portfolios and proactively identifying data enhancements in conjunction with data stewards
- Proactively identifying, thoroughly analyzing and solving moderate to high impact and/or complex legal and business needs.
- Maintaining a strong understanding of legal and regulatory priorities and needs to develop analytic approach and drive understanding of key Division strategies and decisions
- Providing actionable insights to support business decisions and long-term strategy development, primarily by performing root cause, exploratory, sensitivity and scenario analysis, hypothesis testing, economic modeling, and data visualization to identify patterns/trends/insights on ambiguous legal and business problems
- Consulting with Legal colleagues to understand legal and business issues. Independently identifying the appropriate analytic approach to solve the problems
- Developing and managing strategic relationships with senior leaders across the organization.
- Providing mentorship and feedback to others on analytic approaches and leverage systems thinking to connect work to other strategic initiatives
- Building and maintaining an understanding of data flows, sources, and data transformations across multiple data domains
- Advising analytic team in extracting, merging, cleansing and transforming data from multiple sources as needed for analysis
- Applying critical thinking to pressure test and validate logic and outputs against known sources and understanding of business, legal and regulatory needs.
- Defining business and data requirements for analytic deliverables and serve as liaison to support teams in the Technology Division.
- Driving for implementation of solutions by partnering with key stakeholders from across the division and firm to ensure analytics projects are successfully implemented by business area.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, including use of pivot tables, formulas, macros, vba, charts/graphs
- Proficient with visualization tools such as Tableau, PowerBI or QlikView
- Strong analytical, critical and systems thinking required
- Ability to research industry best practices and apply to work
- Bachelor’s Degree required with an emphasis in business, economics, math, engineering or analytics preferred (or relevant work experience). Advanced degree or certification preferred.
- 5+ years with at least 4 years analytic experience
- Understanding of statistical concepts and analytic techniques, including descriptive statistics, forecasting, economic modeling, various regression techniques, machine learning, exploratory analysis, and variance analysis techniques.
- Ability to determine if particular analytic problem requires capabilities that don’t reside in the division. Proficiency in applying descriptive statistics, univariate analysis, forecasting, economic modeling and class variance analysis.
- Proficiency interacting with various database and file storage systems (Examples: Oracle, Hadoop, NoSQL). Understanding of join types.
How to Apply?
Please find the link at the end of this post.