Comcast is inviting applications from enthusiastic and motivated candidates for a Public Policy Legal Internship in Washington, DC, United States.
Comcast Corporation (formerly known as American Cable Systems and Comcast Holdings), incorporated and headquartered in Philadelphia, is the largest American multinational telecommunications and media conglomerate.
About the Internship
The Comcast Internship Program will help you cultivate meaningful relationships, develop professional skills, gain insight into the day-to-day operations of a top media and technology company, and provide mentorship opportunities to expand your professional network.
You will gain invaluable knowledge of the industry, be part of the diverse and welcoming culture and receive exposure to other areas of the business, all while working on real-life projects and functions.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Public Policy team is responsible for developing public policy positions on issues important to the company. The Public Policy team are internal and external thought leaders on issues related to technology, media, and telecom (TMT) and serve as internal consultants to the government affairs teams.
Intern responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Interns will research and write on a variety of policy and regulatory issues related to technology, media, and telecom (TMT).
- Candidates can expect to prepare briefing memos, talking points, comment summaries, and other written material, and may have opportunities to attend conferences and other events outside of the office.
- Interns will work with management to determine the impact of federal actions on the organization.
- Develop presentations and other written materials on findings.
- Act as an internal consultant to the government affairs teams.
- There may be other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Applicants must be rising 2L or 3L students (returning to a degree program for at least a semester), pursuing a J.D. from a US-based college or university.
- They must also be highly motivated self-starters, well-organized, and detail-orientated.
- Able to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to handle multiple assignments, and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to make decisions relying upon sound judgment.
- Strong research and writing skills are required.
- Candidates with a demonstrated interest in technology, media, and telecom (TMT).
Relevant Work Experience
- 0-2 Years.
- Available to work 20-25 hours per week over the course of the 8-12 week fall semester.
- The start date is flexible but after the Labor Day holiday.
- Authorized to work in the United States with no current or future sponsorship needs.
Base Pay: $45.00.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post.
Washington, DC, United States.