Wilson Elser’s Washington DC office currently seeks a Paralegal.
About the Organization
Founded in 1978, Wilson Elser is a full-service and leading defense litigation law firm with more than 900 attorneys, across 42 offices in the United States and one in London.
About the Position
Wilson Elser’s Washington DC office currently seeks a Paralegal. This is an excellent opportunity for legal professionals seeking to expand their careers who are interested in gaining fast-paced professional experience with a national law firm.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepare records, review and prepare exhibits, analyze medical records, and trial preparation
- Contact outside sources (government agencies, etc.) to obtain public information and review and analyze the same
- Search and retrieve information from court-related databases as well as other online sources of case information
- Prepare summary of pertinent transcripts
- Assemble chronologies of pertinent facts and key documents
- Review, analyze and organize document productions by opposing parties and co-defendants
- Determine, prepare and organize materials needed for expert witness review
- Conduct investigative research on opposing parties and expert witnesses
- Manage documents and organize case files
- Must have a bachelor’s degree; Paralegal Certificate is a plus
- 3+ years litigation paralegal experience in a fast paced environment
- Experience with preparing records, assembling exhibits, pleadings, summarizing transcripts, medical record analysis, discovery, and trial preparation required
- Experience drafting and responding to standard discovery demands (interrogatories, requests to produce documents, etc.)
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Office Suite and document management systems
- Attention to detail and organizational skills are critical
- Clear and effective communication skills both orally and in writing
- Must be able to multitask and successfully manage a variety of demands daily
- Must be able to work independently and be proactive
- Experience with e-discovery and using Relativity or other document review platforms is a plus
How to Apply?
Apply online by sending your credentials to Careers@wilsonelser.com and putting “Washington DC Paralegal” in the subject line.