Zest Al invites applications from eligible candidates for its paid summer internship at the Burbank Office.
About Zest Al
Zest AI makes the power of machine learning safe to use in credit underwriting. Zest AI was founded in 2009 with the mission of making fair and transparent credit available to everyone and is now one of the fastest-growing fintech software companies. The company is headquartered in Los Angeles, California.
About the Opportunity
Zest AI is seeking a Legal Intern to help them drive through the next phase of growth. The intern is expected to report to the Deputy General Counsel and be a hands-on learner who is passionate about Zest AI’s mission to expand access to credit and wants to contribute broadly to their legal function.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the contracts team, including reviewing non-disclosure agreements, customer contracts, and vendor contracts
- Engage in compliance projects, ensuring Company practices comply with both internal policies and procedures and regulatory requirements
- Assist with managing the Trademark portfolio, research and advise on the Company’s use of trademarks, and assist with trademark applications, registrations, and office actions
- Researching and preparing memos on issues, trends, and practices related to fair lending and AI
- Current 1L, enrolled in an accredited U.S. law school, with completion of the first year by the start of the internship
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Google Suite
- Reliable internet connection and a dedicated home office space
- Ability to work in our Burbank, CA office twice weekly
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- A willingness to assist the team when and as needed, and an ability to thrive in a collaborative environment
- Solution-oriented problem solver – can think critically and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
Perks and benefits
- The opportunity to join a mission-focused company
- The opportunity to develop and employ your skills in a dynamic, thriving, supportive, mission-driven, environment
Additionally, our Burbank, CA area, hybrid model Zesty Interns enjoy:
- Beautiful, modern, dog-friendly office with lounge areas, video games, and gigantic jigsaw puzzles
- Daily catered lunches from LA’s best restaurants and a fully stocked kitchen
- Complimentary manicures, pedicures, and mindfulness sessions
- Company happy hours, social events, outings, and much more!
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post.