Malala Fund is inviting applications from eligible candidates for its remote internship.
About Malala Fund
Malala Fund is working toward a world where all girls can learn for 12 years and lead without fear. It advocates for resources and policy changes needed to give all girls a secondary education.
It invests in developing country education leaders and frontline organizations, the people who best understand girls in their communities in regions where most girls are missing out on secondary school.
About the Internship
Malala Fund’s internships provide valuable support to Malala Fund in serving its mission to help all girls go to school and reach their full potential. Malala Fund interns depart the program with strengthened practical skill sets, an expanded professional network, and an enriched knowledge of the girls’ global education sector.
Mode of the Internship
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responding to public inquiries about Malala Fund’s work.
- Helping to prepare materials for internal and external meetings and events.
- Assisting in research on potential vendors and event participants.
- Providing general support to our Operations staff as needed.
- Supporting specific projects for other Malala Fund teams, such as Country Programmes and Advocacy, Fundraising, Communication, and HR.
- Commitment to and understanding of the work of the Malala Fund to facilitate girls’ access to 12 years of free, safe, quality education, and the Malala Fund’s mission to empower girls through education.
- Collaborative, self-motivated, and driven to meet and exceed goals.
- High ethical standards.
- Capable writer and communicator; ability to work well with a diverse group of people in a team setting and through virtual platforms.
- Adaptable, flexible, and able to quickly build understanding in new areas and projects.
- Computer literacy; familiarity with Microsoft Office/Google Suite.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Opportunities to attend special virtual events to observe and take notes as possible.
- Individualized resume help and mentorship.
- Access to Malala Fund’s e-learning portal, with over 1,000 online courses.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates, please submit their resumes and responses to the four writing prompts below through the link provided at the end of this post.
In lieu of a cover letter or writing sample, please provide short answers to the following prompts:
- Describe your professional goals. You may include how your background has impacted your professional goals if applicable. How will working at Malala Fund help you achieve your professional goals? (Max. 200 words)
- What do you desire to learn in the field of international development and girls’ empowerment? and why? (Max. 200 words)
- What do you believe differentiates you from other candidates? (Max. 200 words)
- Where did you see the post advertised?
26th May 2023.
Work from home.