Jackson Lewis is currently seeking applications for the post of ERISA Complex Litigation Associate at their New Orleans branch.
About the Company
Focused on labor and employment law since 1958, Jackson Lewis P.C.’s 950+ attorneys located in major cities nationwide consistently identify and respond to new ways workplace law intersects business.
About the Opportunity
The successful candidate will have excellent academic credentials and federal court litigation experience. Class action experience is a bonus, as is a desire to learn and excel in a premier nationwide ERISA Complex Litigation practice based in New Orleans. Also important is a strong client service aptitude and a willingness to accept constructive feedback. The ideal candidate will also be detail oriented, have superior interpersonal, analytical and writing skills.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Will handle defense of 401(k) Plans, 403(b) Plans, and defined benefit plans
- Will handle defense of litigation involving health and welfare plan issues
- Represent clients in court and in arbitration in a range of matters, including, but not limited to: breach of fiduciary duty; breach of the duty of loyalty; Prohibited Transactions; 401(k) Plan asset performance, fees, and expenses issues; 403(b) Plan asset performance, fees, and expense issues; defined benefit plan asset issues, and cut-back issues, ESOP litigation; fiduciary misrepresentation claims; severance plan class actions; Section 510 cases; and complex benefit claim cases
- Juris Doctorate (JD) from an ABA-accredited law school
- Competitive class ranking
- Member of the Bar in good standing and willingness to sit for and pass the Louisiana State Bar
- At least 4 years of litigation experience, federal court litigation experience required, ERISA and class action experience is a bonus
- ESI expertise also a bonus
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong writing skills
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post
US – LA – New Orleans