MFS Investment Management, Boston, is hiring and inviting applications for a Litigation Analyst job from professionals.
About MFS Investment Management, Boston
MFS Investment Management is an American-based global investment manager, formerly known as Massachusetts Financial Services. Founded in 1924, MFS is one of the oldest asset management companies in the world and has been credited with pioneering the mutual fund.
About Litigation Analyst Job Opportunity
The Litigation Analyst oversees and monitors the preparation and filing of claims for settlement proceeds in class actions. In this role, you will work directly on foreign actions, including tracking opportunities, reviewing transaction data, and assisting in documentation preparation. Responsibilities include responding to subpoenas and other types of requests for information from courts and regulators, assisting Area management in communications, systems deployment, and special regulatory-related projects.
Role and Responsibilities
- Oversees outside vendor retained to file proofs of claims on behalf of MFS-managed pooled vehicles and certain other MFS-sponsored or proprietary accounts as well as certain separate or sub-advised client accounts in securities class action settlements and regulatory settlements. Works to resolve any issues raised by claims administrators to maximize recovery to clients. Coordinates with vendor to ensure claims filings’ quality, accuracy, and timeliness. Interfaces with other areas of MFS to distribute settlement payments. Manages relationships with vendors and proactively looks for ways to improve future dealings. Assists in communications with clients regarding class action matters.
- Prepares and submits responses to subpoenas and other types of requests for information from regulatory bodies and private litigants. Works with other areas of MFS and its subsidiary companies to collect responsive documentation. Communicates directly with government representatives and outside attorneys to ensure timeliness and accuracy of responses.
- Monitors foreign actions and opt-out actions and identifies those requiring attorney review. Collects, reviews, and organizes transaction data to assess foreign and opt-out action opportunities. Assists with the collection of documentation required to join such actions.
- Maintains reference files and communications in a timely and efficient manner. Proactively deploys new technologies to enhance functions of assigned areas. Increases technological knowledge as necessary to suggest how best to fully employ new or existing systems and services in the delivery of work product
- Assists in monitoring and preparation of trademark registrations and renewals worldwide. Communicates directly with outside counsel to provide supporting documentation and ensure timely and accurate filings. Helps to maintain reference database of all existing trademarks.
- Directs certain functions of the area by training new employees, documenting procedures, producing necessary reports, and improving current processes within Area. Develops guides and manuals for MFS and its employees about regulatory filings or other matters of similar importance. Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
Eligibility for Litigation Analyst Job
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience.
- A minimum of four years experience, legal experience preferred but not required.
- Strong knowledge of technological systems, proficient in Microsoft Excel preferred.
- Demonstrated working effectively with employees and outside parties at all organizational levels.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, problem-solving and time management skills are required.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
How to Apply?
Please find the link at the end of this post.