Wilson Elser’s Boston office is currently seeking a Legal Secretary to join a fast-paced team.
About the Organization
Wilson Elser is a full-service and leading defense litigation law firm with more than 900 attorneys, across 42 offices in the United States and one in London.
About the Position
Wilson Elser’s Boston office is currently seeking a Legal Secretary with 2+ years of litigation experience to join a fast-paced team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepare and draft all types of correspondence as well as format documents, proofread documents
- Prepare and draft court pleadings such as summonses, discovery documents, and subpoenas
- E-file court filings
- Open new matters
- Document management and organization, saving to network, indexing for file room
- Become familiar with court rules and filing procedures
- Prepare cover letters for attorney bills
- Input billing information into billing software
- Schedule conferences and depositions, maintain attorney calendars
- Manage bills for third party vendors, process check requests and follow up with accounting
- Must have 2+ years Litigation experience
- Must have prior experience with litigation procedures and processes
- Must be familiar with drafting, preparing, and formatting of pleadings
- Familiarity with Massachusetts State and Federal court procedures and rules
- Ability to work in a team-based setting with other Legal Secretaries supporting a group of attorneys
- Open to taking on new responsibilities and challenging tasks
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to integrate into a fast-paced environment
- Excellent typing skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office 2010 (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
How to Apply?
Apply online by sending your credentials to Careers@wilsonelser.com and putting “Boston Legal Secretary” in the subject line.