Venable LLP, Washington, is hiring and inviting applications for a Legal Research Analyst Job from professionals.
About Venable LLP, Washington
Venable LLP is an American law firm headquartered in Washington, D.C. It is the largest law firm in the state of Maryland.
About Legal Research Analyst Job Opportunity
Venable LLP has an opening for a Senior Business and Legal Research Analyst to provide expert in-depth research on various business, legal, regulatory, tax, corporate and general matters, using electronic and print resources.
Role and Responsibilities
- Providing high-level legal, regulatory, legislative, tax, corporate, and general domestic and international research and reference services to attorneys, legal assistants, clients, and administrative staff. Effectively researching and writing summaries of research results.
- Maintaining research proficiency across a wide spectrum of business, legal, legislative, analytics and docket resources in over 200 rapidly-changing databases including Lexis, Westlaw, Wolters Kluwer Cheetah, LexMachina, Bloomberg/B-Law, Pacer, CNS, CourtLink, Capital IQ, OCLC, Intelligize, TLO, Checkpoint, and others.
- Developing curriculum and teaching classes on business and legal research strategies and resources effective for legal and administrative staff.
- Evaluating diverse information sources for currency, reliability, relevance and cost-effectiveness, and selects the optimal resources for particular research requests.
- Setting up legal, regulatory, docket, news, and business alerts across dozens of platforms to meet the attorneys’ and clients’ information needs.
- Providing ‘just in time” guidance to attorneys and legal assistants seeking to select resources and develop effective strategies.
- Participate in trials, demos, purchasing decisions, and testing new applications and upgrades to existing products.
- Contribute to developing department’s communication materials, including cost-effective use guides, bibliographies, pathfinders and research tip sheets.
Eligibility for Legal Research Analyst Job
- Master’s degree in Library Science/Information Science; J.D. a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in a law firm, corporation, or investment banking library performing high-stakes, complex research in a deadline-driven environment.
- Expert-level business, legal, legislative, regulatory, corporate, tax and general research and reference skills.
- Extensive database knowledge and skills (Lexis, Westlaw, Bloomberg/B-Law, Pacer, Cheetah, OCLC, Intelligize, Accurint, CourtLink, Lex Machina, Gavelytics Capital IQ, Checkpoint, etc.).
- Proven ability to teach individuals and small groups in formal and informal settings.
How to Apply?
Please find the link at the end of this post.