A24 Studios, New York, is hiring and inviting applications for a Legal Operations Manager job from professionals.
About A24 Studios, New York
A24 is an American independent entertainment company that specializes in film and television production, as well as film distribution. It is based in New York City. A24 was founded in 2012 by Daniel Katz, David Fenkel, and John Hodges. Before A24, all had worked extensively in film and production before leaving their current positions to co-found the company, originally A24 Films, which specialized in film distribution. Starting off moderately in 2013 with A Glimpse Inside the Mind of Charles Swan III, the company’s growth started with the release of Spring Breakers later that year.
About Legal Operations Manager Job opportunity
A24 has an opening for a newly created role on our Legal team, focused on team operations and knowledge management. This person will be creating, managing, and maintaining various systems for organizing legal documents and tracking key contractual terms, as well as analyzing and translating a wide variety of contracts for internal business teams. This position is based in NY.
Role and Responsibilities
- Build, manage, and maintain contracts repository and precedent-tracking databases.
- Leverage existing infrastructure to build out the legal operations function
- Assess the needs of non-legal teams and research potential technology-driven solutions to implement the most effective approaches for document and data management.
- Create an initial game plan to address legal-related knowledge management across the company.
- Advise internal business teams on contractual rights and obligations and prepare reports on relevant contracts.
- Create and maintain rights-tracking spreadsheets and calendars to facilitate the administration of contract cycles and rights terms
- Draft and revise various agreements in conjunction with other members of the Business and Legal Affairs team
- Draft and submit customary filings and order customary lien searches (e.g., US Copyright Office filings, UCC searches)
- Collaborate with the Business and Legal Affairs team on special projects and research tasks as requested
Eligibility for Legal Operations Manager Job
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of relevant experience at an entertainment law firm or as part of an in-house legal/business affairs team at a media or entertainment company
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including the ability to distill and communicate legal concepts to non-lawyers)
- Strong analytical, organizational, and proofreading skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, G-Suite, Docusign, and Excel. Knowledge of rights-management software and data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau) is a plus
How to Apply?
Please find the link at the end of this post.