Google is inviting applications from eligible candidates for the post of Legal Operations Associate, Outside Counsel, Global Affairs for its offices in the USA.
Google LLC is an American multinational technology company focusing on artificial intelligence, online advertising, search engine technology, cloud computing, computer software, quantum computing, e-commerce, and consumer electronics.
About the Job
The Outside Counsel and Legal Vendor Management team manages the end-to-end legal vendor management process, ensuring we create and maintain strong relationships with our vendors.
We help legal select the right vendors, manage and negotiate prices, perform data analyses, and communicate and enforce billing guidelines and processes. Our mission is to efficiently and effectively manage our legal vendor relationships.
As a Legal Operations Associate for our Outside Counsel Management team, you will be responsible for managing and maintaining strong relationships with our most critical outside counsel partners. In this role, you will track and analyze firm performance metrics, develop quarterly business reporting, and prepare operational feedback to share internally and communicate externally.
You will lead content creation and delivery of law firm Annual Business Reviews, incorporating holistic feedback from Google lawyers and other members of the Outside Counsel Management team. You will also be responsible for managing Google’s preferred partner panel.
Based on firm performance surveys, rate benchmarking, and other inputs, you will develop comprehensive recommendations regarding the strategy, structure, and firms included on our panel annually.
In this role, you will build out other important initiatives related to outside counsel management such as legal project management, diversity programs, and conflict waiver reviews. You will be encouraged to innovate and build upon current processes with a focus on optimization, centralization, and consistency.
- Manage firm relationships, conduct annual business reviews, and deliver quarterly reporting on performance metrics and operational feedback.
- Maintain our preferred partner panel, ensuring our firms are being utilized as intended, and engagements outside the panel are appropriately considered.
- Implement best practices for new counsel engagement and ongoing relationship management.
- Build and grow various Outside Counsel management initiatives such as legal project management, Diversity and Inclusion programs, and conflict waiver reviews.
- Provide insights and analyses into ongoing spend management efforts. Determine root causes for bottlenecks in our internal processes, recommend and implement solutions, and drive continuous improvement.
$123,000-$185,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of relevant experience in project or program management.
- 3 years of experience in a law firm or in-house legal department.
- Experience with reporting, data analysis, and survey and metric analysis.
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally.
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to contribute in a fast-paced, and changing environment.
- Excellent presentation and written and verbal communication skills.
- Passion for the Legal Industry.
Mountain View, CA, USA; Austin, TX, USA; New York, NY, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA.