Telstra is currently seeking applications for summer internship programme at their office.
Telstra Group Limited is an Australian telecommunications company that builds and operates telecommunications networks and markets voice, mobile, internet access, pay television and other products and services.
About the Opportunity
Telstra’s Internship program will provide students with the opportunity to test their interest in a Legal and Compliance career and allow them to gain practical experience by applying the methods and theories learned in schools. Interns will increase productivity and provide a fresh perspective to the business.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Intern
- Customer contract notices – Assisting with drafting and distributing contract addendums to customers and suppliers in compliance with federal law
- Legal compliance training enrolment and completion tracking – Assisting with the enrolment of employees in mandatory legal compliance training; creating enrolment rosters, liaising with HR digitization team regarding the enrollment process, managing enrolment and completion reports
- Regulatory compliance notices – Organizing and tracking subcontractor periodic notices and assisting with the drafting of responses to supplier questions in response to legal notices
- Drafting – Editing standard agreement forms to reflect recent changes in the law
- Database optimization – Streamlining our customer contract databases
- Digesting and summarizing new regulations from the FCC, state privacy regulators, and/or Canadian regulators, as well as other relevant legal news articles, into plain language summaries for the team; assisting risk and compliance teams with mapping these laws and regulations into their compliance monitoring tool
- Assisting with repapering of contracts to comply with state privacy laws, which may involve developing customer or supplier communications, assisting with customer or supplier queries, and reviewing contract templates
- Distilling new regulations from the FCC or state privacy regulators into plain language summaries
- Organising legal advice covering voice regulations, such as CPNI, robocalling, and emergency calls, into practical and plain language memos
- Must be a current college student with an interest in pursuing a career in law or compliance.
- Keen to learn with a strong desire to build a career in the legal and compliance field
- Must display excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess a desire to build collaborative working relationships with cross-functional teams
- This role requires someone New-York based who can come into the office as needed
$25/hour + eligible for mass transit commuter subsidy
How to Apply?
Candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post.
April 29, 2023
New York City, New York, United States