Morgan Sports Law is currently seeking applications for legal internships at their New York office.
About the Firm
Morgan Sports Law is a boutique law firm devoted to sports arbitration and litigation. The firm represents sportspeople before both domestic and international courts, such as the Court of Arbitration for Sport, the American Arbitration Association, the High Court, the National Anti-Doping Panel (UK) and the FIFA Dispute Resolution Chamber.
About the Opportunity
Morgan Sports Law have an exciting opportunity for a talented legal intern to work alongside the team and receive exposure to some of the most significant disputes in equestrian sports.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Intern
- Drafting legal submissions
- Legal research
- Attendance at, and preparation ahead of, hearings
- Assisting with the management of cases
- The ideal candidate will have outstanding academics and be able to demonstrate excellent teamworking, motivation and organizational skills.
- Demonstrable ambition to qualify as a lawyer in the longer-term.
- Solid commercial awareness and a strong passion for sports dispute related legal work (an interest in the equestrian field will be a plus).
- Possess excellent communication skills and exemplary attention to detail.
- Foreign language skills are not essential but will be an advantage.
Duration of the Internship
The firm is looking for someone to join during the summer of 2023 (flexibility on dates), initially for a 4-week period but with the option to extend by mutual agreement.
Mode of Internship
The internship will be predominantly remote, with 1 day a week at a location in the Financial District, New York.
This is a voluntary (self-employed) paid internship ($14.40 per hour).
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post.