Mansfield Energy is currently seeking applications for legal internships at their office.
About the Company
Mansfield Energy is a family-owned distributor and logistics manager for transportation energy across the U.S. and Canada. They are based in Gainesville, GA and we sell/deliver approximately 3 billion gallons of fuel annually to approximately 8,000 customers.
About the Opportunity
The Legal Intern will learn about the overall legal strategy developed by the SVP, General Counsel, and will have the opportunity to shadow the attorneys and paralegals during the work day. The primary focus will be observing and participating in a corporate legal environment, performing legal tasks as assigned, and will also include various projects pertaining to the Mansfield family of companies. The Legal Intern will have the opportunity to learn about the petroleum, renewable fuels, and natural gas businesses.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Intern
- Review, revise, and assist with drafting (as needed and under attorney supervision) routine non-disclosures, contracts and other legal documents
- Research and report on specific legal issues as well as corporate law department best practices
- Work with legal team to support internal business teams to solve problems as they arise
- Partner with legal team to respond to customer requests which may include drafting resolutions, reviewing contracts, retrieving documents, coordinating discovery requests, and researching various customer issues that arise from time to time
- Interns typically work under the supervision of a manager on the legal team, but are expected to be self-starters, work well independently and leverage the skills and knowledge gained as part of their legal studies
- Assisting with litigation management
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
- Completed first year at full-time law school
- Completed undergraduate degree
- You want to understand how an in-house legal group functions and supports the overall company performance
- You enjoy learning new things and being pushed outside your comfort zone
- You are logical, analytical, deliberate, and exercise critical thinking
- You are mature and dependable
- You are encouraging and proactive
- You are patient and collaborative, and you incorporate feedback
- You are self-motivated and focused
- You operate with a sense of urgency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment without compromising quality of work
- You communicate well and actively seek clarity in the face of ambiguity
- You want to develop a better understanding of information learned from your time at law school
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post.
Gainesville, Georgia, United States