Lincoln Avenue Capital (LAC) is looking to hire a Legal Intern to join their Legal team
About the Company
Headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, Lincoln Avenue Capital (LAC) is a real estate private equity firm that owns, develops, and invests in low-income, subsidized housing communities nationwide. Founded in April of 2016 by an entrepreneurial family, LAC has quickly grown to own a portfolio of over 19,000 units in 110 properties located across 20 states as of Fall 2022.
About the Opportunity
Lincoln Avenue Capital (LAC) is looking to hire a Legal Intern to join their Legal team this summer in New York City. Applicants must currently be enrolled as 1st or 2nd-year law students at an ABA-accredited law school. This position will be reporting directly to our General Counsel and receive ongoing guidance, training, and direction from our GC and other professional staff members on matters relating to their professional growth and career goals.
This 10–12-week Summer Internship Program has been developed for students to gain practical training and hands-on experience that will help them meet their educational goals and prepare them for their professional legal careers in Real Estate.
Mode of Internship
This is a hybrid role located in Lincoln Avenue Capital’s NYC office in midtown Manhattan.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Intern
- The Legal Intern is responsible for collaborating with several internal teams including Development and Asset Management, as well as lenders, investors, equity partners, and various governmental agencies. This role is designed to collaborate with team members and respond to the changing needs of a fast-paced affordable housing developer on a wide variety of internal and external challenges.
- The intern will be directly supporting and assisting the General Counsel and two paralegals and gaining exposure in the following areas:
- negotiating and interpreting terms of partnership agreements, loan documents, LURA’s, and various property agreements.
- assisting with regulations in a variety of affordable housing programs (Section 8 and Section 42)
- helping address investor, lender, and equity partner requirements and deadlines as needed
- drafting documentation to address internal and external requests
- assisting and coordinating various special projects across a variety of verticals as needed
- overseeing title and survey review
- The Ideal Candidate Will Have a Strong Interest In Pursuing a Career In The Real Estate Industry And Supporting Development Deals
- Current J.D. Candidate in good academic standing, Class of 2024 or 2025 (e., current 1L or 2L law students)
- Strong academic credentials
- Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post.
New York County, New York, USA