BioSpace is currently seeking applications for internships with their US Legal Team.
About the Company
BioMarin is a global biotechnology company dedicated to transforming lives through genetic discovery. In 1997, the company was founded to make a big difference in small patient populations, focusing on giving much-needed attention to the underserved communities of those with rare diseases.
About the Opportunity
The successful applicant will provide support to the U.S. Legal team, which is part of the larger Global Legal department. BioMarin’s Legal team works in close coordination with colleagues from various business functions to support a variety of Corporate and Commercial transactions and matters.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Intern
The intern will have an opportunity to support several cross-functional Corporate and Commercial legal teams including, but not limited to: Commercial, Corporate Governance & Securities, Clinical, Technical Operations, Regulatory, and Employment. The intern will assist the Legal team with day-to-day activities, including contract review and drafting, legal research, drafting memoranda, presenting findings, and other departmental projects.
- A./B.S. required.
- A recent college undergraduate with a B.A./B.S degree or a first-year law student currently enrolled in an ABA accredited law school and pursuing a Juris Doctorate degree.
- For first year law student candidates, the student must be returning to school in the Fall Term
- Must be available to work full-time, 40 hours per week
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without VISA sponsorship
- Able to work on-site at the San Rafael, CA location two days per week.
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences.
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s).
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment.
- Develop skills specific to your major.
- Opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business.
- Weekly Speaker Seminar Series with Executive Staff.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post.
San Rafael, California