Atricure, Inc, Ohio is currently seeking law students for their legal internship program.
About the Company
AtriCure, Inc. provides innovative technologies for the treatment of Afib and related conditions. Afib affects more than 33 million people worldwide. Electrophysiologists and cardiothoracic surgeons around the globe use AtriCure technologies for the treatment of Afib and reduction of Afib related complications.
About the Opportunity
The intern in this position will work directly with AtriCure attorneys and other department personnel on the completion of legal department objectives key to AtriCure business. The ideal candidate must be able to work independently while exhibiting robust command of basic contract principles, legal research and drafting, as well as excellent attention to detail.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Intern
- Perform legal research, fact-finding, and drafting under the direction of attorneys and other department personnel
- Review written agreements, identifying key contract terms and data, while understanding important contract concepts and principles
- Enter, validate or correct data contained within various systems, using source documents for comparison
- Assist with important department objectives key to the overall business
- Other duties as assigned, depending upon candidate’s unique skillsets
- Regular and predictable work performance
- Ability to work under fast-paced conditions
- Ability to make decisions and use good judgment
- Ability to prioritize various duties and multitask as required
- Ability to successfully work with others
- Additional duties as assigned
- Must currently be enrolled in law school, and have satisfactorily completed Contracts I & II, Legal Research and Legal Writing
- Excellent attention to detail
- Problem-solving / decision-making skills
- Must be confident, goal-oriented, self-motivated and a team player
- Computer proficient
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Independent worker with a willingness to learn
- Contract management experience including the entirety of the contract lifecycle
- Ability to regularly walk, sit, or stand as needed
- Ability to occasionally bend and push/pull as needed
- Ability to regularly lift up to 25 pounds, occasionally lift over 25 pounds
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post.