The TotalEnergies US Legal Team is looking for an outstanding law student to participate in the new TotalEnergies US Legal Internship Program.
About the Company
TotalEnergies SE is a French multinational integrated energy and petroleum company founded in 1924 and is one of the seven supermajor oil companies.
About the Opportunity
The TotalEnergies US Legal Internship Program is a 9-month internship offered at the TotalEnergies Tower in downtown Houston, TX for law school students currently enrolled at participating law schools. This is an excellent opportunity for either full or part-time students looking to gain professional experience in the legal field and specifically in an in-house legal department at a multinational company.
This program is an exciting opportunity for highly motivated law students to bring new perspectives and innovative ideas into TotalEnergies’ daily legal operations while improving their legal skills working in a multicultural environment.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Intern
Interns will engage in a number of activities under close supervision of a qualified attorney such as:
- Reviewing, drafting, and revising a wide variety of legal documents and presentations.
- Conducting research on assigned issues, analyzing legal and policy issues, summarizing findings, and proposing appropriate solutions.
- Participating in task/project teams with the supervising lawyers.
- Participate and assist, as directed by the supervising lawyers, with activities related to the day-to-day provision of legal advice and risks affecting potential company actions including in the activities of mergers and acquisitions, commodities trading, defending the company in ongoing litigation, arbitration, and dispute resolution, ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations including environmental, health and safety laws, commercial contracts and similar company activities.
- Assisting in the preparation and organization of and participating in conferences and meetings with in-house business clients and outside counsel.
- Performing ad hoc assignments as requested by the supervising lawyers.
- You are a rising 3L at an ABA accredited law school with an excellent academic record.
- You have strong and demonstrated research, writing, analytical, and communication skills.
- You are well-organized, self-directed, and able to complete multiple tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- You can effectively present information and respond to questions from attorneys and clients.
- Standing together is one of our key values so it is essential that you demonstrate a good team spirit.
- This Program is ideal for law students with an interest in Corporate Law, particularly in in-house Energy Law Practice.
- You are willing to work in office as remote work will be limited due to training component of the program.
- You have legal work authorization in the U.S. for the duration of the Internship Program. TotalEnergies regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited visa status for this position.
Participants of the TotalEnergies US Legal Internship Program will be paid on a weekly basis at a rate of $45/hour, less applicable withholding, for all regular hours worked.
How to Apply?
All interested students are encouraged to apply through the link provided at the end of this post.
April 24, 2023