The State of Oklahoma is inviting applications from eligible candidates for an internship opportunity in Oklahoma City.
About the State of Oklahoma
The State of Oklahoma provides services to Oklahomans via roughly 30,000 state employees working across dozens of state agencies.
About the Opportunity
The State of Oklahoma is inviting applications from eligible candidates who hold a Legal Intern’s License with the Oklahoma Bar Association for the temporary internship opportunity in Oklahoma City.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepare documents, and correspondence, search for records, maintain forms, and create forms and reports.
- Initiates and handles correspondence relating to a special field or program in regard to agency or program rules, policies, procedures, or requirements.
- Performs a variety of sorting and filing tasks; answers the phone, takes messages, and disseminates information; opens, sorts, distributes, collects, and delivers mail; performs a number of tasks such as posting and recording data.
- Produces documents of various levels of complexity mainly regarding dealing with legal and rule issues.
- Create presentations and manipulation of data for the presentations.
- Enters and retrieves information using a personal computer or other data processing equipment, and receives and reviews coded and uncoded source documents; proofs previously entered data and makes routine corrections.
- Examines documents for completeness, appropriateness, adequacy, and conformity to established requirements, and follows up on discrepancies.
- Draft documents as directed.
- Supervises staff and activities involved in the performance of specialized or technical work, which involves the exercise of independent judgment; develops operational procedures and trains staff.
- Reviews and processes contracts and litigation involved in the programs.
- Assists customers in securing needed information and documents; conducts interviews to obtain information from clients; provides transportation or other assistance to clients as required.
- Two years of law school.
- Holds a Legal Intern’s License with the Oklahoma Bar Association.
- Knowledge of office methods and procedures.
- Legal research and writing, editing and review for grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Preparing and interpreting charts and graphs.
- Operate office machines including computers.
- Ability is required to follow oral and written instructions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.