L3Harrris is looking for a undergraduate student seeking to complete a professional internship designed to provide on-the-job training and experience to second year college students.
L3Harris Technologies, Inc. is an American technology company, defense contractor, and information technology services provider that produces C6ISR systems and products.
About the Opportunity
The intern is expected to engage in various legal work assignments, projects, and activities of varying complexity, structured to enable him to gain the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities needed to perform at a professional level. The intern will also receive training and mentorship in planning and carrying out activities and assignments.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Intern
- Provides entry- to intermediate-level professional legal services, under supervision of general counsel personnel, as appropriate to the day-to-day operating objectives of the unit.
- Undertakes and/or participates in projects and programs designed to develop professional legal skills and expertise appropriate to the needs of the organization.
- Participates in the planning and implementation of unit projects and initiatives within the legal area.
- Interacts directly with colleagues and/or other internal or external customers in the planning of assignments and the resolution of day-to-day operational problems.
- Receives guidance, training, and mentoring from professional legal personnel in planning and carrying out activities and assignments.
- As appropriate to the position and as specified by unit management, conducts original research and prepares reports based on findings, to include recommendations or alternative proposals for action.
- May undertake related studies or enrichment programs as appropriate to the specific objectives of the operating unit.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- In pursuit of a Bachelor’s Degree in technical discipline (Law, Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, etc.), Business Administration, Management, or related.
- 3.0 GPA or greater
Additional Skills required
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills with the ability to work well in a team environment
- Self-starter with strong organizational and computer skills
- Familiarity with U.S. government agencies (DoD)
- Prior internship experience in a professional environment
- MS Office Proficient (Excel/Outlook/Work/PowerPoint)
- Creative and strategic mindset
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post.
Utah, Salt Lake City