F M Global is currently seeking applications for legal internships in their office.
About the Company
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world’s largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Intern
- Review of regulatory filing requirements and assist with organizing relevant data into work-flow software
- Creation of duplicate corporate minute books for non-US subsidiaries
- Assist with the preparation of corporate registry and regulatory filings
- Review and organize corporate documents with specific focus on Asia Pacific branches
- Contract review and assist with negotiation of new contracts coming into Corporate Affairs
- Review and organize template legal documents on legal drive
- Assist with preparation of responsive information to Finance of quarterly updates for the Comprehensive Annual Analysis
- Review proposed client nondisclosure agreements for purposes of incorporating provisions consistent with company standard nondisclosure form
- Other tasks on an as-needed basis, as determined by the Corporate Affairs Division
- Organizing legal document repository
- Preparation of demand packages in subrogation matters, including file review, communications with claims adjusters and engineers
- Legal research
- Assist attorneys with preparation of power-point presentations
- Assist with review or Leases in order to determine insurance coverage
- Assist with gathering of electronic discovery
- Other tasks on an as-needed basis, as determined by the Litigation Division
- 2L or 3L law student
- Top 25% of class
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Proficient in Microsoft Office/Computer Science background a plus
- Organized, detail oriented and analytical
The hiring range for this position is $20.00 to $22.00 per hour.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post.
270 Central Ave, Johnston, Iowa