Brennan Center for Justice is inviting applications from eligible candidates for the legal internship opportunity in Washington.
About Brennan Center for Justice
The Brennan Center for Justice at NYU School of Law is a nonpartisan law and policy institute that seeks to improve the systems of democracy and justice in the United States. It works to hold its political institutions and laws accountable to the twin American ideals of democracy and equal justice for all.
The Brennan Center’s work ranges from voting rights to campaign finance reform, from ending mass incarceration to preserving Constitutional protections in the fight against terrorism.
About the Internship
Brennan Center for Justice is inviting applications from eligible candidates who have excellent legal research, analysis, and writing skills for a legal internship opportunity in Washington, DC.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Interns may assist with a variety of activities, including conducting legal research and writing amicus briefs, policy reports, and other advocacy documents.
- Drafting communications to legislators.
- Assisting with writing comments to federal agencies.
- Attending coalition meetings; drafting posts for the Brennan Center blog.
- Candidate must be a Law Student.
- Candidate must have excellent legal research, analysis, and writing skills.
- Candidate should also take initiatives, have imagination and versatility.
How to Apply?
Applications should be submitted through the official website by the link provided at the end of this post. If candidates have difficulty with the online system, he/she may send their applications by e-mail to: email@example.com with “LNS DC Fall Legal Internship” in the subject line, after registering in the online system. Applying through the official website is strongly preferred.
The following material is required to apply for the internship:
- A cover letter explaining why you are interested in Liberty & National Security (DC) policy issues.
- A current law school transcript.
- A legal writing sample.
- A current resume.
- Contact information for three references.
July 14, 2023.