Allen Institute in Seattle, Washington is inviting applications from eligible candidates for the Gregoire Fellow legal internship in a hybrid mode.
About Allen Institute
The mission of the Allen Institute is to unlock the complexities of bioscience and advance our knowledge to improve human health. Using an open science, multi-scale, team-oriented approach, the Allen Institute focuses on accelerating foundational research, developing standards and models, and cultivating new ideas to make a broad, transformational impact on science.
About the Internship
Allen Institute in Seattle, Washington is inviting applications from eligible candidates who must be currently enrolled and in good standing in law school within Seattle for the Gregoire Fellow legal internship in a hybrid mode.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Draft and review varying degrees of contracts, including service agreements, purchase agreements, policies, and collaboration agreements.
- Assist with non-profit corporate governance matters, including legal research of statutory and regulatory developments.
- Facilitate presentations on legal research findings to stakeholders.
- Provide legal support to the legal department on projects as needed.
- Contribute to the legal operations core competency process improvements, as needed.
- Must be currently enrolled and in good standing in law school within Seattle.
- Prior work experience in an in-house counsel or professional environment.
- Intermediate level ability with MS Office and other software programs.
- A science background is a plus.
- Nonprofit experience is helpful.
- Outstanding research and writing skills.
- Strong oral communication skills.
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to a diverse workload.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to meet or exceed deadlines, prioritize, and multi-task in a fast-paced, changing environment.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post.
Seattle or WFH.