Kent Corporation is looking to hire a Corporate Legal Intern for their Iowa office.
About the Organization
Kent Corporation is a privately-held Iowa company that owns a diversified group of manufacturing businesses in the food, beverage, and commercial feed industries.
About the Position
Kent Corporation is looking to hire a Corporate Legal Intern for their Muscatine, Iowa office for the summer of 2023.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the members of the legal department including the Vice President
- General Counsel and the Assistant General Counsel
- Conduct legal research
- Draft memos delving into a particular legal issue or topic
- Assist with the review of company policies and practices
- Summarize contract terms
- Draft, revise, and review general commercial contracts and template agreements
- Assist with ad-hoc projects by researching legal issues and regulatory developments and preparing summaries of research
Skills and Requirements
- Must be first-year law student in good standing for the degree of J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, meet deadlines, and manage multi-dimensional projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to research and learn new concepts and legal issues quickly to facilitate problem solving.
- Previous work in the agricultural industry a plus.
How to Apply?
Click on the link below the post to apply.