Novelis, Atlanta is inviting applications for a Legal Internship role from law students.
About Novelis, Atlanta
Novelis Inc. is an American industrial aluminum company, headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, United States. It is a subsidiary of multinational aluminum and copper manufacturing company Hindalco Industries. Novelis is a leading roll aluminum producer and the global leader in aluminum recycling. The company serves customers in sectors including beverage cans, automotive, aerospace, consumer electronics, construction, foil, and packaging. Novelis is investing $2.5 Billion in a new, low-carbon, aluminum plant in Bay Minette, Alabama. Once complete, it will be the first fully integrated U.S. mill built in 40 years
About Legal Internship Opportunity
Novelis Inc. is seeking its Corporate Legal Department at its corporate headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia (Buckhead). The intern will have exposure to all segments of the legal department, including mergers and acquisitions, securities, intellectual property, financing transactions and compliance, commercial contract drafting, negotiations and management, litigation, and labor and employment. Novelis’s legal intern program is intended to give law students exposure to Novelis and working in-house and teach them how to think like a business partner. The possibility of a permanent job offer should not be expected.
Role and Responsbilities
- Participate in and facilitate the preparation, execution, and administration of agreements, contracts, and other legal documents.
- Create detailed legal and management reports, analyses, and presentations using Microsoft Office software programs to create charts, graphs, and slides as needed, with special emphasis on PowerPoint.
- Assist in the implementation of programs and projects designed to ensure the organization’s continued compliance with applicable laws and regulations, including periodic filings with the SEC as well as reporting to the Company’s board of directors and audit committee.
- Manage, track and report on the status of legal and commercial issues from other departments to ensure they are resolved promptly.
- Prepare and review confidential letters, reports, and memoranda.
How to Apply?
Please find the link at the end of this post.