CooperCompanies is now seeking applications for legal internships at their San Ramon office.
About the Company
CooperCompanies is a global medical device company publicly traded on the NYSE . Cooper operates through two business units, CooperVision and CooperSurgical. Headquartered in San Ramon, California, Cooper has a workforce of roughly 14,000 with products sold in over 100 countries.
About the Opportunity
The Legal Intern will provide support to corporate headquarters legal team, including assistance in drafting SEC and other filings, corporate legal research and reporting findings, legal department project support, legal operations projects, and other projects as determined by supervisor (all with the goal of giving the legal intern practical experience with in-house corporate legal work).
Roles and Responsibilities of the Intern
- Research and writing on relevant legal topics as requested to support legal department priorities.
- Conduct benchmarking research on disclosure practices of public company peers (e.g., for proxy statement updating, annual report on Form 10-K and other SEC filings).
- Review draft SEC filings and provide comments; assist supervising attorney and other legal team members in drafting certain filings (e.g., Section 16 filings, Current Reports on Form 8-K); assist in review of corporate press releases and other investor communications.
- Support contract review, legal operations projects (e.g., law firm billing processes), meeting preparations for General Counsel.
- Assist in preparation of pre-read materials for Board of Directors meetings in July; prepare initial drafts of minutes of Board meetings for review by supervising attorney.
- Assist in subsidiary governance and maintenance (filings, approvals).
- Meet regularly with supervising attorney and report on projects; participate in occasional legal team meetings.
- As business needs dictate, may work extended hours to complete daily department goals or tasks to include mandatory overtime.
- At least one year of accredited law school completed with evidence of strong performance in classes and engagement in law school curriculum.
- Demonstrated interest in business law (e.g., corporate and securities law, intellectual property, business contracts, employment law, employee benefits, corporate litigation, etc.)
- Comfort using MS Word, PowerPoint and other standard office software applications. Experience with web-based research tools and databases. Comfort with MS Excel preferred.
- Well organized with attention to detail and ability to carry out tasks independently and meet deadlines.
- Excellent project management, organizational and follow-through skills.
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to communicate with diverse populations
- Professional demeanor.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post.
San Ramon, California