Independence Blue Cross is currently accepting applications for legal internships at its office in Pennsylvania.
About the Organization
Independence Blue Cross (Independence) is a health insurer based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, in the United States. Independence is the largest health insurer in the Philadelphia area, serving people in the region and seven million nationwide.
About the Internship
This paid program is open to students actively pursuing a law degree and who have an interest in contributing to the success of corporate initiatives and aligning their skills and competencies with the requirements of knowledge-based companies.
Roles & Responsibilities
Participants in the Legal Internship Program will:
- Conduct legal research and draft memorandums on current developments in Health Care Insurance law and other areas such as employment and litigation matters.
- Analyze legislation and prepare legislative reports to advise attorneys on recent developments in federal and state regulations involving the Health Care Insurance industry.
- Assist with the preparation of presentations to senior executives regarding the status of current legal issues.
- Legal research expertise.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have completed two years of law school by June 2024 and currently pursuing a law degree.
- Must have completed two years of law school by the summer of 2024 and currently pursuing a law degree.
Hybrid of choice work model.
Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm (37.5 hours per week).
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post.
1901 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103.
- Program Start Date: June 3, 2024.
- Program Completion Date: August 9, 2024.