Hillenbrand invites applications from eligible candidates for its legal internship.
Hillenbrand puts a high priority on identifying talent and acquiring individuals with a global mindset who exhibit high potential. Talent is one of the 5 Management Practices of Hillenbrand’s Operating Model. Attracting and developing talent is vital to our strategic vision as we create innovative and intentional development experiences for our associates. At Hillenbrand, you can expect a learning culture where collaboration is encouraged, excellence is rewarded and diversity is valued.
About the Opportunity
Hillenbrand is looking for a first-year or second-year law school student to intern with the Hillenbrand Legal and Compliance Department during the summer of 2023. The Legal team provides advice and counsel on a range of legal and business matters to enable our business teams and leaders to achieve their goals.
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree
- Actively pursuing a JD (1L or 2L)
- Strong academic performance
- Must be able to commit to a full-time schedule (40 hours/week) for the internship’s 8-week duration
- Legal research, analysis, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated judgment, personal integrity, discretion regarding confidential matters, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to operate successfully in a fast-paced environment that places a high premium on excellence, execution, and teamwork.
- Ability to work independently with little guidance, but also to use good judgment and call out issues when needed.
To perform this job successfully, the physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to crouch. The employee may occasionally lift items as heavy as 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities may include the employee’s ability to see near and far distances.
Hybrid – a combination of remote work and in-office in the global headquarters in Batesville, Indiana.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post.