South Jersey Industries at Folsom, California invites applications from eligible candidates for its legal internship.
About South Jersey Industries
SJI, an energy infrastructure holding company based in Folsom, NJ, delivers energy services to customers through two primary subsidiaries: SJI Utilities (SJIU) and SJI Energy Enterprises (SJIEE).
About the Opportunity
As part of the comprehensive internship program, interns will participate in events which help them build a strong network within the SJI community and with fellow interns. Interns enjoy the flexibility of a hybrid work environment throughout this 11-week summer program. The Ignite Internship Program also offers participants mentorship, educational seminars, volunteer opportunities, and visibility within the organization
Roles and Responsibilities
- Working with attorneys and paralegals, as well as outside counsel on legal matters covering corporate law, governance, litigation, employment and labor law, utility and construction, and mergers and acquisitions.
- Conduct legal research and analysis in areas relevant to the company’s business operations and Board of Directors.
- Attend hearings and prepare summary reports.
- Assist with contract administration and maintaining general document workflow.
- Assist with litigation discovery.
- Prepare, review, and revise internal company policies with key business stakeholders.
- Prepare and collaborate on a cross-functional project with the opportunity to present to the SJI Executive Leadership Team.
- Regular meetings with assigned mentors and various organizational leaders to discuss goals and professional development.
Rising 2L or 3L at an accredited law school.
- Availability to work a hybrid schedule based out of our Folsom, NJ, Monday through Friday during daytime business hours
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while handling multiple priorities
- Capable of handling sensitive/confidential information in a professional manner
- Good judgment and strong communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of this post.