Cintra is looking for a Legal Counsel (Technology and Intellectual Property) for its Austin Office.
About the Organization
With US headquarters in Austin, Texas, Cintra is a leading private-sector transportation infrastructure company in the world, with experience spanning over 50 years of innovative highway development on four continents.
About the Position
Cintra is looking for a Legal Counsel (Technology and Intellectual Property) with 7-10+ years of experience for its Austin Office.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Analyze and manage the company’s risk exposure by reviewing contract documents to identify risk and the best solution(s) to mitigate such risk
- Review, drafting, and negotiating a wide variety of commercial and procurement related contracts, ( Intellectual property licensing and transfers, outsourcing, consulting, hosting, data sharing , software development and SaaS agreements) including compliance, data protection (GDPR) and cybersecurity matters
- Review, drafting, and negotiating Joint Venture Agreements
- Advise on intellectual property rights focusing on patents and trademarks
- Advise on public procurement matters and participating in contractual negotiations with public entities and a range of customers, suppliers, and partners in the transportation sector
- Advise on legal matters related to Digital business, including marketing promotions and PCI compliance
- Prepare reports and legal opinions for the executive management and recommend a certain course of action on the basis of a legal review of the company’s business
- Review, maintain and update the company’s corporate documents to ensure compliance with internal and external requirements regarding corporate governance
- Monitor new legislation to identify potential areas of concern and the best solution to remedy such concern
- Law Degree (J.D.) required
- Bar License in US
- 7 to 10+ years or more of substantive experience in transactional and litigation practice areas of law in the IT or technology sector and/or law firm or inhouse legal function and ideally with experience in the transportation infrastructure industry
- Effectively manage tasks and deadlines independently
- Ability to interact with colleagues in a self-managed team structure
- Superior interpersonal communication, decision-making, project management and negotiating skills
- Must be able to multitask, problem solve, prioritize, and implement innovative processes within a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to demonstrate computer proficiency, especially within Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Power Point
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus, as necessary to use a computer
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit
How to Apply?
Click on the link below the post to apply.