Netflix, LA, California, is expanding its legal team and inviting applications for a Legal Counsel job from professionals.
Netflix is a leading streaming entertainment service with 221 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries, feature films and mobile games across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
About Legal Counsel Job Opportunity
The Netflix Marketing Legal team is seeking a talented, passionate, and experienced lawyer to support the marketing, marketing partnerships, publicity, awards, product creative, and communications teams across the entire Netflix content slate, including films, series, documentaries, non-fiction, comedy, and animation.
Role and Responsibilities
- In this role, the successful candidate will help lead the Marketing Legal function by being a primary legal contact for various MarComms teams, supporting a team of amazing contract managers, and working closely to align with cross-functional legal teams, including IP, Business, and Legal Affairs, Labor, Employment, Privacy, and Litigation.;
- The Marketing Legal Counsel will perform the following primary functions: review and advise on marketing campaigns and activations; rights negotiations and analysis, including licensor, talent, and third-party rights and approvals related to marketing and publicity;
- Conduct risk assessments and provide advice on compliance with laws and regulatory matters; draft and negotiate all marketing-related agreements, including vendor MSAs/SOWs, licensing and co-promotion agreements with third-party brands, and handle all marketing production-related agreements, including PSAs, releases, talent/influencer engagements;
- Strategize and propose solutions for complex legal issues, and prepare and conduct training to help increase legal acumen across teams;
Eligibility for Legal Counsel Job
- The successful candidate will have 6+ years of relevant experience as a lawyer working in marketing/advertising and entertainment.
- Applicants from law firms will be considered, however, in-house experience at an entertainment studio, media or production company, and/or creative advertising agency is a plus.
- Candidates should have knowledge and experience advising on compliance with MPA, FTC, COPPA, and CARU and be able to provide data and privacy-related advice in connection with consumer research, emails, websites, promotions, marketing campaigns, and activations.
How to Apply?
Please find the link at the end of this post.
Los Angeles[LA], California