Hiab is currently inviting applications for the position of Legal Counsel.
About the Company
Hiab is the world’s leading provider of on-road load handling equipment, intelligent services and digitally connected solutions. As the industry pioneer, Hiab’s more than 3,300 employees worldwide focus on our commitment to increase efficiency in our customers’ businesses and to shape the future of intelligent load handling.
About the Opportunity
- The Legal Counsel will act as a Legal Business Partner for Hiab and its Divisions, especially in the North American market area.
- Responsibilities for other market areas (such as LATAM) to be discussed based on the selected candidate’s profile.
- Being the first point of contact in all legal matters for the business and ensuring that issues are solved efficiently and with high quality.
- Actively drive continuous development and implementation of processes, practices and tools used within Hiab and Cargotec.
- To succeed, the candidate must have the readiness to adopt an in-house lawyer and a generalist mindset, as the role is more concerned with effective risk management rather than eliminating all risk, meaning that being pragmatic and finding solutions is valued over discovering and solving every problem.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Providing practical, solutions-oriented legal advice and guidance to Hiab’s key stakeholders.
- Responsible for legal support for the organization in contract negotiations with customers, suppliers and other business partners. Developing and implementing contract templates and relevant guidelines and other documentation.
- Acting as the first point of contact for providing legal advice for claims and disputes. Responsible for dispute and litigation management in and relating to North America together with our external counsel network.
- Providing support in business development activities, such as with structural changes and selected M&A cases.
- Identifies and advises on legal and regulatory risks relevant for the company’s field of business.
- Establish strong relationships and trust with key business stakeholders and proactively supports their decision making from legal perspective. Responsible for managing our external counsel network in North America.
- Responsible for implementing legal processes, practices and controls within North America market area and educating the organization with legal matters. Contribute to decision-making to develop and implement legal policies and practices that align with company’s current and long-term business objectives.
- Reasonable amount of traveling is required, especially within the USA (depending on the location of the selected candidate).
- Various other responsibilities within the candidate’s area of competence.
- US law degree from a reputable university. Admission to a US State Bar.
- At least 5+ years of broad business law experience in a global environment (in-house and/or law firm).
- Experience gained from applicable industry (e.g. heavy industry sector, infrastructure, automotive, or material handling industry) or a global industrial firm with European parent company considered as a benefit.
- Experience in commercial contracts, international business and general business law matters (for example: distribution, digitalization, product liability, M&A, IPR, etc.).
- Understanding and experience from equipment and service sales and software licensing and related matters. Experience with product liability related issues. Willingness to learn more.
- Experience in government contracting and trade compliance (export controls, sanctions, etc.) considered as a benefit.
- Tries new ways to do things: can take different roles and tries new ways of doing something when the situation requires and comes up with alternative approaches/working methods
- Is proactive: recognizes and acts on upcoming opportunities, takes steps to overcome an obstacle and action to tackle an upcoming problem, continues to pursue opportunities or problems despite obstacles.
- Understands the culture: recognizes and uses the corporate culture and language that will produce the best response, understands the impact of the organization’s mission and values. Skilled in working cross-culturally and internationally.
- Cuts through complexity: explains the situation, problem or solution in a way that is easy to understand. Sees useful connections in situations that others mis and identifies the key issues that need to be tackled. First class written and verbal skills.
- Business impact & Decision making: Deal with complex legal activities for a business area or corporation. High individual responsibility of results.
- Comprehensive benefit package including; health, vision, dental, voluntary life/disability insurance upon first date of employment.
- 401k program with company match
- Personal time off and company-paid holidays
- You may also be provided with a company cell phone, laptop and credit card, all to be used for the purpose of conducting company business
- Opportunities for career growth and competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Paid training
- Company mentoring program
- Tuition reimbursement for job-related continued education
How to Apply
Interested candidates may submit your resume/CV in the link provided at the end of this post.