eBay, California, is hiring and inviting applications for a Legal Counsel job.
About eBay, California
eBay Inc. is a global commerce leader that connects millions of buyers and sellers in more than 190 markets around the world. We exist to enable economic opportunity for individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses, and organizations of all sizes.
About Legal Counsel Job Opportunity
eBay is seeking a highly-skilled, nimble and collaborative professional to serve as Legal Counsel supporting their North American businesses. This exciting legal role puts you at the center of key initiatives that drive the business and calls for a smart, dynamic individual who is collaborative, creative, and functions well in a fast-moving, constantly evolving environment.
Role and Responsibilities
- Providing proactive, forward-thinking, and creative guidance to business leaders
- Preparing, negotiating, and reviewing general commercial contracts, terms and conditions, technology agreements, licensing agreements, partnership, marketing, and service agreements
- Collaborating with counterparts in other legal teams to provide consistent advice that keeps the big picture in mind
- Close partnership with functional groups within the Company on both transactional work and risk analysis, including Finance, Accounting, Corporate Development, Product, Marketing, Tax, Information Security, Privacy, Trust, Risk to execute on business goals.
- Driving continuous improvements and scalability in department structure and operational processes to improve our ways of working
- Leading special projects/initiatives and other duties as may be assigned
Eligibility for Legal Counsel Job
- Bar membership in the state of practice
- 6+ years of relevant experience, with general knowledge of business practices at large national or international companies preferred
- Flexible and agile problem solver with the ability to tolerate ambiguity
- Demonstrated ability to balance legal and business risk with commercial opportunity
- Eager to learn and take on the challenge of handling a broad range of legal and business matters, working toward company goals
- Strong communication skills and comfort addressing both junior staff and senior leaders
How to Apply?
Please find the link at the end of this post.
San Jose, California